Study abroad in Prague - International students at UNYP
The University of New York in Prague's
reputation is growing rapidly among international students, and multinational
employers. Highly qualified international students from around the world choose
UNYP for the best in international, English-language university education.
The University of New York in Prague offers international students a wonderful opportunity to study abroad in Prague - one of the world's best kept medieval cities in the heart of Europe, and earn transfer credits towards their degree. Join our multinational group of professors and students in an intimate educational environment, and explore the rich history, the rapidly evolving present, and the dynamic future of this critical region.
Deadlines for International Applicants (Visa Required):
- BA (Undergraduate) applicants by the end of July for Fall and by the end of November for Spring
- MA (Graduate) applicants by the end of July
- MBA students by the middle of October
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS REQUIRING STUDENT VISA FOR THE CZECH REPUBLIC
1. The prospective student must complete the application.
2. After the admissions coordinator reviews the student’s file and finds it in good standing, a phone interview is scheduled with the relevant Head of the Department.
3. If the prospective student is accepted by the department head they will receive a contract.
4. The prospective student sends back the signed contract and then obtains the details for the bank wire transfer:
- a) Payment of tuition and fees:
- American Bachelor’s program: 1 year tuition and fees / 30 credits = 10 courses - CZK 186,500, approximately 9,000 USD)
- European Bachelor’s program: 1 year tuition and fees (CZK 149,000; approximately 7,200 USD)
- Master’s Programs – 50% of total program tuition
- b) Accommodation Letter (required for the visa) CZK 2100 (approximately 100 USD, non-refundable).
5. Once the tuition payment is received, UNYP will issue the Accommodation Letter and Official Acceptance Letter – the documents required for the visa application.
6. The student applies either for a 6-month study visa or 12-month study residence permit (BA programs students can choose between these 2 – for more information, please, see the VISA REQUIREMENTS Section)
7. Students must inform the Admission Office as soon as they receive the final status of their visa application. In the case of the visa rejection, the tuition fee (excluding bank charges and nonrefundable fees) is refunded based on the official written statement issued by the Czech Ministry of the Interior.
8. In case of denying the application, the Ministry will inform you in writing and in detail about the reasons of the long-stay visa/long-term residence permit rejection. You are entitled to request new assessment of reasons for non-granting the long-stay visa/residence permit within 15 days upon the delivery of the relevant information.
9. Please note that the University of New York in Prague is obliged by law to report to the Czech Interior Ministry any international student who was granted their visa/residence permit on the basis of being enrolled at UNYP and who does not commence their studies on the stipulated start date of their study program.
Contact us to find out which of our programs best suits your needs. Our Admissions Office will be happy to arrange for you to visit one of our classes if you are in Prague, or can provide you with further information about our programs.