Master of Second Language Learning & Teaching
Inspire others with a master’s degree in Second Language Learning & Teaching
The University of New York In Prague offers a master’s degree program in second language learning and teaching for prospective students who wish to build a career in modern languages and English as a foreign language, whether graduates with some teaching experience or practising language teachers and trainers.
Our Master's program in Second Language Learning & Teaching is offered in conjunction with the University of Greenwich. The University of Greenwich, located in south-east London, England, dates back to 1890. Highly regarded for its contributions to the scientific community, the University of Greenwich has a reputable research focus, yet has also been ranked number one in student satisfaction across all 20 universities in London four times in the last five years.
Is this UNYP master’s degree program right for me?
Students are introduced to a wide range of research in applied languages. In particular, students will study those research activities and themes that affect the language-learning environment, including second language acquisition and communicative language teaching.
Students will also explore research in language learning in relation to the practical learning environment. They will demonstrate the skills that they acquire in writing and using computer-aided language learning tools by conducting a research project in language learning and language teaching.
Aims of the Second Language Learning & Teaching program:
- To analyse theory and research in applied languages, particularly the research activities and theoretical frameworks that impinge on language learning and language teaching and testing;
- To explore the interface between research in language learning and the practical learning environment;
- To evaluate the role and future of information technology with a resource-based language-learning framework;
- To develop an awareness of non-traditional (i.e. non-classroom-based) methods of language learning;
- To provide the research skills and knowledge of research methods in language learning to enable the student to conduct their own project.
- Key Issues in Second Language Teaching
- Research Methods in Language Learning
- The Use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Second Language Learning
- Second Language Acquisition
- Research Project (MAMLL/LL&JLT)