Psychology is one of the most popular majors worldwide. In addition to being one of the most fascinating and dynamic fields of science, it also provides a springboard for a wide range of opportunities for graduate study as well as exciting career choices.
The UNYP Bachelor in Psychology degree runs for a four-year period. Its aim is to provide students with a solid foundation in science – particularly the study of behavior and the mind – through theory and practical experience in all of the major fields of psychology. Basic courses emphasize scientific thought, critical thinking, and analysis. More specialized courses address therapy and treatment of mental illness, cultural and family issues, as well as psychology in the workplace. Studies pave the way for two primary post-degree career choices: continuing on to pursue a graduate degree or direct entry into the workforce.
Roughly 80% of UNYP psychology degree recipients continue their studies after graduation to complete master’s and doctoral degrees from universities in the Czech Republic and abroad. Our graduates have continued their studies locally at Charles University, Masaryk University and Palacky University or they have been accepted to schools abroad such as University College London, Kings College London, Oxford, Cambridge, Yale and The New School for Social Research in New York and also here at the University of New York in Prague.
1. Thorough preparation for a global career in psychology or other exciting fields
2. Increased understanding of oneself and the ability to help others more profoundly
3. International faculty with extensive professional experience
4. Solid foundation of science and statistics combined with practical experience
5. Growing hub of research with the Center for Advanced Behavioral Research, our own peer-reviewed psychology research journal, Psychological Science Observer, and UNYP-hosted annual international student research conference (ISRC)
6. Excellent record of acceptance at top universities around the world
The UNYP psychology program offers a wide range of career options. Our graduates have gone on to work as counselors, academic researchers, representatives at NGOs and charitable causes such as UNICEF and European Union diversity programs, or as training consultants and managers in the private sector at top international companies such as DHL, Oracle, Skoda, and Amazon.
UNYP has launched its own master’s program in psychology accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport. Therefore, students have the option to continue with their studies at UNYP on the graduate level, thus enhancing professional options greatly. All UNYP degree programs accredited by MŠMT will issue a diploma in the blockchain format as well as a traditional diploma.
Click the Menus below for specific program information:
The e-mail address you provide will be used only to send you the newsletter. Your privacy is important to us.
For more information download our UNYP Brochure.