About the UNYP Library
The University of New York in Prague Library is centrally located on the 1st floor of Londýnská 41, and has over 16,000 books, periodicals, and audio/visual materials (most in English, with a few foreign-language holdings).
Online library resources are available to all UNYP students through the ProQuest 5000 International set of databases. Additional online resources like Emerald and ESC online library are available to students through our partner universities.
The Empire State College online library is accessed from any computer with internet connection. Students can access approximately 60,000 electronic books and tens of thousands of journals in electronic form.
Monday - Friday:
8:30 - 21:00
9:00 - 19:00
11:30 - 19:00
Please note: The Library has restricted hours during summer; please check the bulletin board for notices about this, or contact us for further information. Summer Opening hours are also available on eLearning.
Project Meeting Room
The UNYP Library has a brand-new project meeting room available to all students. If you need a quiet space for your group project or presentation, please do not hesitate to contact the library and schedule your session!
The project meeting room is equipped with a projector and can accommodate up to ten people.
Our study room has W-Fi and Czech and English magazines and newspapers.
You can visit our online library on http://library.unyp.cz
The online library features:
- 60,000+ Electronic books across a broad range of academic subject disciplines, which can be searched and accessed using the E-Book Catalog.
- 57,000+ Unique full-text journal titles
- 500+ Online searchable reference books, which can be accessed through the E-Book Catalog.
- 80+ Electronic searchable databases
- 30 Research guides to internet resources and research databases arranged by the college’s areas of study.
- 1 million+ Searchable, digital images
- Online tutorials to help you use our resources more effectively for research
An attached study room, computer lab, and available photocopiers make the library an excellent place to meet, study, and work on assignments.
The library stocks daily newspapers such as Lidové noviny, Mladá fronta Dnes, and Hospodářské noviny, and periodicals such as Business Week, The Economist, Newsweek, Psychologie Dnes, Československá psychologie, Reflex, Respekt, Fortune, Business Spotlight, Marketing & Media, Ekonom and E15.
- Periodicals and magazines – study room only
- Theses – study room only
- Circulating books – can be checked out for either three days, one week or the whole semester
All books must be returned at the end of the semester!
Penalties for late, damaged or lost materials
The penalty for returning library materials late is:
Reference material (study room only): 500 CZK per day per item.
One-week and three-day books: 100 CZK per day per item.
Other books/items: 100 CZK per day per item.
Penalties are non-refundable.
Bookshops in Prague
There are a number of bookshops selling English-language books, magazines, and other materials. They can order books you need, or alternatively you can buy books online. Please note that delivery can take from 4 to 8 weeks.